.

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

"When did you know?"



It took us time to fall back into reality after spending seven days eating fine dining quality food three times and sometimes even late night room service, drank every fancy foo foo drink you can imagine, excursions including rappelling, mini scooter tour of Cozumel, swam with dolphins, zip lines, cave snorkeling, met two amazing friends for life (Pete & Stephanie), partied with our favorite bartenders from last time (Oscar & Cesar), visited the Tulum ruins and took naps under palapas falling asleep to the sounds of the waves... We came back to San Diego though glowing, thankful and thrilled to be back to our beautiful new home and we knew we still had a few weeks before the craziness of Steve's school would start. Shortly after we returned to our normal schedule though, I started having crazy sleep walking episodes and unique sleep positions that left Steve laughing and wondering each day what I would do next. One night for example I scared Steve when he found me in the dark in our living room in the middle of the night talking to our turtle. I joked one night about being pregnant with all these crazy dreams but we both thought it wasn't possible to be pregnant so quickly. I was actually so busy with work that I didn't even think about it, it wasn't until I was working one day, conducting a counseling session with one of my students when I started to fall asleep. No matter what I did I could barely keep my eyes open, then it happened...I fell asleep but better yet, I fell asleep while talking. It was the strangest thing, I lost a few seconds and then came back talking about nonsense and confused. After careful recovery with the student, I went straight into my colleagues office to tell her the bizarre encounter I just had. Still in denial until Kate said with certainty "you are pregnant." So "how did you find out you were pregnant?" Yeah, I can say it was when I fell asleep while talking...

1 comment:

  1. Haha Jenn it cracks me up every time I hear this story!!!

    ReplyDelete