.

Friday, January 20, 2012

AFTER

~ Munchkin's Room ~

Steve and I went back and forth as to what design we wanted to use for Munchkin's nursery but once we really had to decide it was impossible to not pick "Vintage Sesame Street" when Steve saw my face as I unpacked my original 1978 Big Bird Lamp Post Lamp.  With my maiden name being "Cook" I had a nickname of "Cookie Monster" and collected Sesame Street as a child all the way into my college years.  I saved EVERYTHING!  Steve and I also knew that we wanted a room that was obviously gender neutral and more modern in style like the rest of the house and not so over the top childlike...

We had so much fun picking out the patterns, designs, furniture, finding the best deal, compromising and then ultimately watching it all come together! 












The bedding we found on a site where we could custom make it, so cool!  All the sesame street goodies were hand washed by my mother and given to me after a drive all the way from Page (have not seen the toys and stuffed animals since I was 18).  




















So many people played a part in making the nursery happen: My mom paid for the paint, Joe lent us the painting materials, Bree helped us decorate, Cuz B touched up the paint, and Soren helped put together the furniture! 




















So many nights laying in bed dreaming of this very room!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment