.

Friday, January 20, 2012

Time to Decorate for Christmas

The last three years we have had all of our decorations buried in a garage so this year was a treat to be able to decorate the house for every holiday and Christmas was not any different.  I couldn't wait, in fact made sure to pick the first night Steve was off to go get our tree.  Now because our place is smaller, it worked out great for the decorations because it was so cute and saturated with snowmen....but the challenging part was finding a creative place for the tree, not to mention having it smaller than ever before...all in all though, it worked out great!  I was stoked on my centerpiece because I found sticks to make the tree hold the ornaments that matched the wall paper gifts and the Christmas plates...  It has only been in the last few years that I have really tapped into the decorating side of me!  

Although, Steve hates storing the decorations, and counts the boxes of what goes back in the closet to make sure I didn't buy too much new stuff but at the end of the day I know he loves the house decorated as much as I do...except he was not thrilled to learn that the wrapping paper I picked to wrap the huge picture frames was in red glitter.  We were vacuuming glitter up for weeks but good to know for next year!  Ha ha

My mother got us a Baby's First Christmas ornament for next year but for this year we had to do something (since every year we pick out two new ornaments for the tree, one that is a cool snowman one and the other to represent what is going on our in lives that year so we got a Father and Mother Snowman picture frame and put Munchkin's ultrasound picture in it!  So Cute!

                                                                        

No comments:

Post a Comment