.

Friday, January 20, 2012

Our Favorite Pieces

Steve and I each have different pieces that are our absolutely favorite parts of the nursery ~

Steve loves the Cookie Monster Fire Truck of course...

Growing up I had the Grover Saturday Night Fever Record (1978) and thought how cool it would be if I found a record for the year Steve was born (1980) and sure enough on EBay there was a record with Ernie dressed as a Fire Fighter! 

















The bathroom has the Rubber Duckie/Ernie theme so I also found on EBay a little Ernie Fire Fighter and Fire Fighter Rubber Duckies to be placed on the bathroom counter!

After all these years I still had two vintage sesame street pillow cases, by a search online I thought of creating a throw pillow, and a hamper.  I can't sew myself so I reached out to a friend and both turned out AMAZING, some of my favorite parts of the room now!  



















Other than that, how you can not love the Bert and Ernie that are so obviously Old School!!! 

Steve loves the handpainted dresser knobs I found on EBay, they are each different and the packet of 8 was only $15, such a cute touch! 
The last touches to Munchkin's room will be the maternity and newborn pictures we are getting done.  The frames on the wall will be filled with pictures of Munchkin and then a collage over the bookshelf will combine our wedding, maternity and newborn pictures with a centerpiece quote of "Your First Breath, Took Ours Away." 



















We can't wait to rock in the recliner and soak it all in... Can't wait to meet our little Munchkin! 

No comments:

Post a Comment