.

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Tucson Baby Shower


One of my best friends, we met in college at U of A (Terri) graciously offered to host us a baby shower in Tucson.  The main reason behind the shower out in Arizona was that two of my close friends are pregnant now with their second (one due in January and the other in February) along with a few others who would have a hard time making the trip to San Diego!  So even though with Steve's schedule we had to do the 6 hour (7 hours if you are pregnant) drive on Saturday and turn around and do the drive back on Sunday, it was worth every minute of it!

















Since I never get to see Steve, being in a car for 14 hours out of the 2 days, was quality time!  I do not have a lot of pictures from the beautiful shower but it was so special and unique!  Kimmi (childhood best friend from Page) helped Terri host the event and it was so fun!  We got to play dress up with the adult co-ed cocktail baby shower theme, see Terri's new gorgeous home and play with her two year old son, Trent.  The shower started at 6 p.m. and I was greeted with one surprise after another... A Pumpkin Prego-a-tini, a creative tree drawn by her mother in law to be used as the guest book (Munchkin's family tree), banana cream cupcakes, and a poker tournament.  Each guest was asked to bring a package of diapers as a "buy in" to the Texas Hold Em poker tournament, which was a huge hit to say the least.  We actually had to stop the tournament to open gifts because it was going so well that it was not even close to being over when the shower end time was fast approaching! 

Munchkin made out like a bandit :) plenty of diapers to get started, everything from bottles to toys, to bath towels.  The star of the show was the baby's quilt and diaper planter my mother gave me.  My mother brought my baby's quilt, which she made when she was pregnant with me and then my great grandmother was given a diaper planter when my grandmother was born, she passed it on to my mother and now my mom was passing it onto me.  Amazing, the only people not crying as she told the story were the guys in the room! 

The poker tournament resumed and did not end until midnight, each person took turns leading but Steve was the winner in the end!  Those who could not make it, you were missed!!!  Kristen & Jason, Sarah & Eric, Julie & Kyle, Kimmi & Colin, Mamacita & Daddy #2, Mom & Dad, Grandma & Aunt Vickie, THANK YOU MUCH FOR COMING and for all of Munchkin's gifts!!!  Terri & Scott, thank you so much for hosting such an awesome night!!!





GOOD TIMES!  

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous! Congratulations to the mom to be. My sister is also planning a baby shower for me. She is going to pick up one of the venues in Los Angeles for the day. I have no idea about the rest of the things. I am glad that I came across this post right on time.

    ReplyDelete